Published: 04/01/2022 | Last Modified: 01/25/23
How is Personal Data Collected?
Types of Personal Data Collected
Data collected may include the following:
– Your name (if provided);
– Your e-mail address (if provided);
– Your company name (if applicable);
– Your phone number (if provided);
– Your gender (if provided);
– Your IP address;
– Your preferred language(s).
How Do we Use Personal Data Collected?
We might use your personal data collected to:
– Respond to your email inquiry;
– Process your return(s) or replacement(s) (if applicable);
– Understand how we can improve our customer service experience;
– Assist you with any questions or inquiries initiated with us.
Why Do We Use Your Personal Data?
The data collection is needed to respond to your inquiries and process returns & replacements authorized by you. It is used to improve the quality of viaseating.com.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information collected. We offer the use of a secure server.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. Only non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or auditing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law, court order or a decision rendered by a competent public authority and for the purpose of law enforcement. In addition, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
– Our vendor manufacturers in order to deliver any purchased products and services to you, to ensure a consistent level of quality service is met across all of our products and services and to enhance your customer experience.
– Any third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf including: order fulfillment, shipping fulfillment, billing, IT support, sales & marketing, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, account validation, credit authorization, payment processing, security, fraud prevention and legal services. Such third party vendors have access to perform contracted services only and are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
– Third parties in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of Via Seating.
– Third parties in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Via Seating’s assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
– Any other third parties subject to your consent. When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We value your privacy and have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging in:
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
We may revise and update this policy from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. If changes are material to this policy, we will make every effort to notify you before these amendments enter into force. Your continued use of the Via Seating Services means you accept and agree to any modifications to this policy.